Tuesday, April 24, 2007

advice needed, part 1

so what does one do when every morning and every night i am confronted with a 20 month old who will not let me or g brush her teeth. she insists on doing it herself.

we started this whole brushing teeth business with a game. she brushes my teeth i brush hers. it was wonderful until she saw that after she brushes my teeth i go on to brush my own teeth! te game came crashing. now i am not allowed access to her teeth. the irony, she allows anyone other than g or me access to those not-so-pearly-whites-anymore. in bangalore, sush, bhavana, ami, ravi, all were allowed to brush her teeth for as long as they wanted. back home, there is a huge tantrum if i dont let her brush her own teeth.

inventive ideas needed fast before those tiny teeth begin decaying.

4 comments:

The Mad Momma said...

well the Brat insists on brushing mine. So i let him. and then when I send him off to play i brush mine again.

also i sometimes let him play with his brush and eat up the toothpaste. and then when he's tired of his own brushing he lets me take the brush from him and do a quick once over on his ...

surabhi said...

nothing working tmm. tried all this.

she will let ANYONE ELSE but me and g. driving me nuts. i cant keep visiting people or inviting people just because she needs to brush her teeth twice a day!

The Mad Momma said...

:) i jinxed myself. now for the last two days he wont let me touch his teth.. i sing nursery rhymes.. and each word is accompanied with a tap on one tooth.. its ridiculous and painful and i am ready to punch his teeth out and save myself the trouble.

Smarak said...

i got an advice for u..restart the game and play it fair this time -use one of those mouthwash for yourself