Monday, July 16, 2007

three to four word sentences

when a toddler puts together three to four word sentences its a big milestone. We delighted and thrilled over this milestone quite some time back.

And yesterday the same milestone came to bite me in the ass!

when the three to four word sentences get fixated on mumma, woh kya hai, mummy woh kaun hai... its time to pack your bags and run!!!

the very same magical walks down crowded roads are hell now. up until a few days back we walked, she pointed, car, lal bus, bow bow, auto, balloon, etc etc.I smiled. and now every person/ object is pointed at - and the questions pore over. And the mother has to answer EACH AND EVERY question.

And we are only a month away from the terrible twos. what lies ahead.

10 comments:

karmickids said...

Dont you dare...I have just had the pleasure of the brat beginning to ask questions, and you dont know what a huge milestone it has been for me...he's 3.8. So enjoy the questions...

dipali said...

Before you know it your child will be doing a PhD somewhere- so enjoy the endless questions while you can!

SUR NOTES said...

i guess i should listen to both of you. : )

but whats a good answer when she brings the bombay times and points to a very colourfully clothed anil kapoor and says, woh kaun hai? i thought- man, uncle, actor, anil kapoor... tried man, not impressed, tried uncle, no luck, said actor, no comprehension, said anil kapoor and she says, oh....

Poppins said...

Oh Thank you Thank you ! She's asking questions! I love it. Bring it on I say - waiting for the day poppin starts !

anja said...

lol!good luck! according to something i was reading the terrible twos start at 18 months, so you're already in the thick of things! I have another six months I guess, but already thumki has a very strong sense of what she wants and has shown enormous lung power in expressing her needs. but i too am eagerly awaiting her words...aside from go and dat...

Tharini said...

...fun times indeed...to answer your question....:))

Gauri said...

Oh Welcome to the world of the "Why's Hows and more Whys" and then the "Whens and then the Are we there yets" ?

And yes, enjoy them while this phase lasts.

With my four year old too, it really gets a little too much for me at times, but then there is so much I learn too, at times.

~nm said...

:)

SUR NOTES said...

poppins, anja, tharini,gauri, nm :
none of you are telling me what answer i should give when she points to silly anil kapoor!!! soon my daughter will be rattling names of film stars and politicians because they inhabit the papers. uncle, aunty, man, woman is not working.

the mad momma said...

no no..dont listen to kiran and dipali.. its driving me nuts, the constant mamma yeh kya hai?!