Thursday, March 20, 2008

the screenings

one screening was at the mothership of cultural studies ( thanks for the perfect description, you chasing iamb). A wonderfully full auditorium, and each question was a googly that took me a minute to digest and think of a response. this is the reason why screenings can be fun for the filmmaker!

the second screening, populated by few students and mostly faculty. thank god for the seated in the third row, space bar and an old dancer friend who insists that he will show the film to his students as a teaching aid!

the party for all the filmmakers and the organisers - what a welcome change from the usual. three seven year olds took over sanah, and when she was falling asleep dear amar took over and began the story of the old uncle and aunty with spectacles.

poor amar faced the cultural studies' googly only the next day. in the middle of recounting a story he had to face little G abruptly asking him, and how old are you? clean bowled!

6 comments:

Space Bar said...

the look on amar's face was priceless! out of the mouths of babes!

(and you have to mail me photos now)

also, i was NOT sitting ramrod straight! what a schoolmarm you make me sound like!

SUR NOTES said...

amar's story has been ringing in my head. and his expression- keeping me entertained even a week later!

yes you do sit ramrod straight, while watching films. and i love that. i lean forward, i think my attempt is to get into the screen.

and i am correct about the third row, am i not?

Banno said...

You enjoy those googlies? I'm terrified of them. I have to steel myself for days before making a public appearance. Not that I have to make many.

Can just see space bar in the auditorium. :):)

SUR NOTES said...

banno, i am a strange cookie! and these questions were the toughest- because most were not even about the film : )

SUR NOTES said...

banno, i am a strange cookie! and these questions were the toughest- because most were not even about the film : )

Space Bar said...

if you're talking about the audi then it was the sixth row, fifth seat from the left.

:D

and i lounged. slid right down until you couldn't see the top of my head. i also put my feet up on the seat in front (before the audi was re-done).

humph!