Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Sunday walk

To storm out of the house and head to a market...

And you come back with:
summer fruit-
250 gms of jamun
250gms of fanas( ripe jackfriut)
fish-
13 bangdas
1 big halwa
meat-
2kg undercut
1kg mutton chops

I missed buying the rajnigandhas, the honey straight from the honeycomb, and some more jamun.

This was a couple of sundays back. And ofcourse now i barely remember why I had stormed out.

As I attempt to distract myself from work, I think of the market lolling around in the humid heat with more wares to bring more good cheer.
-The last of the alphonso mangoes as the luscious langda will take over and erase all memory of the alhonso.
-Lichees
-More jamun
-The last of the really fresh water bearing vegetables- gourd(all types-ridged, smooth), kakdi, teende
-And the gulmohar trees frantically shedding their leaves to ready themselves for a less riotious look

There is a reason that water melon did not figure to high on my list this year. And the reason is the sunday film watching club that a few of us are a part of. But thats another post.

6 comments:

farinaz said...

Lichees and mangoes .... jamun...
Bangda is my favourite fish.
Tell about the watermelon!!

Banno said...

Sunday film watching club? Tell me, tell me. Why am I not a part of it?

SUR NOTES said...

Banno: shall take you along. so far i am the only janani watching terribly ashleel films with three marads.
f'naz: the watermelon is linked to one such ashleel film.

wordjunkie said...

juicy fruit, juicier movies?

sonal sundararajan said...

lovely lovely lovely posts

Sue said...

I *heart* langdas. Although just now we're feasting on himsagars.