Friday, December 11, 2009

For the boy who says blaaterfly

And his mother who could not say projapati...

She fluttered around, boring, bland and brown,

others paraded, proud of their spectacular gown,

we chased, we raced, we paced around,

somewhere in that terribly big blaaterfly town,

(we must have looked like we belonged to the clan of a clown)





we barely saw the one who was oh so busy and brown,

until she began sipping at the dirt in something coiled that sat down,

no, her mother did not frown,


she was still, drank hungrily, opened her wings so quietly,

we held our breath...


an unmatched blue we have never dived into.


gosh, I so badly want to go back to that blaaterfly town,

but they tell me its NOT blaaterfly, and there is no such town.

18 comments:

Sue said...

OMG

Sur

Thank you. Total speechless moment there.

You know, the beautiful blue of the last pics reminds me of the blue of a roller's wings when outspread in flight. So unexpected in such a drab-looking bird.

karmickids said...

laaably laably laably

Space Bar said...

gorgeous!

Banno said...

My kind of poetry. In color. Lovely.

the mad momma said...

Sur, you rock

SUR NOTES said...

sue: arrey your post egged me onto do something with the butterfly photos i clicked on my trip. a silly little rhyme...hope the little boy likes it.

Sue said...

He loves it, Sur. Made me scroll up and down, up and down, telling him the story in the poem.

SUR NOTES said...

Goody. I just read it out to sanah. She approved too. especially because it was for the little rahul from cal.

Sue said...

LOL

I'll admit I nearly told him it was from Sanahdidi; then I thought, that's not fair to you! But he mentions her now and then. I guess she really was a big hit. You are more incidental, as her mother who was there in the background somewhere. :D

Menaka said...

footiful! words and pictures!

SUR NOTES said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dipali said...

Utterly blaaterly delightful,Sur

ammani said...

Stunning!

sumana001 said...

I wish it had remained "blaaterfly" always!

Sue said...

Sumana -- It's still blaaterfly, if that helps.

Niv said...

never thought a poem could be more beautidul than the fotos itself:) lovely

wish I could write like this, I am a fan!

ChoxBox said...

*bows at sur's feet*

stunning!

amit said...

hey beautiful pictures but looks like the pics needs bit of light..the subject you have caught was really pretty also your poetry was good..i know a baby gal who used to call butterfly as Tutterfly..:).

www.shariblog.com