Sunday, December 06, 2009

Over Analysis

It is a plague. And it does not attack parents alone. Kids suffer it too.

The child and I have had a disruptive two days. She has been clingy and sullen. The two locations, a party in her classroom, and a pool party of a friend's son. I was not at all warm and accepting of this strange behaviour. I am generally calm and patient when she is not herself but not yesterday, and not today. I was sharp tongued, and annoyed. Ofcourse she took it badly.

I am dreaming of a strange fortress type place that I am wandering in, although I have a train to catch. That was the element of panic and suspense in my afternoon nap.

"There was a reason mummy, that is why I did not jump into the pool or play with the children."

I dont know if I caught that train. I tried to slip back into the dream by saying, "its okay if you were clingy." She was already deep into the dissection.

"See, you carried my costume but not my floaters. The children were big, and they were jumping all over the place, and I dont even know them.......And you know the party dress I wore yesterday, it was itchy and ......"

It was a very long analysis and was pretty convincing at that blurry time.
The point at which I woke up was when I asked, "and why were you clingy?" A wicked smile emerged,"Oh that was because you were being mean."

15 comments:

MiM said...

the post mortem ... i used to post mortem every move, word, thought that i had when i was little.

if only i had your child's sense to have a sense of humour as well.

SUR NOTES said...

MiM: You saw the sense of the humour? I saw evil.

pappu poppins said...

haha according to my mother's description of me, i was pretty similarly evil and over-analytical tooo :P

Poppins said...

Lol :) I love this girl.

Poppins said...

pappu poppins and then poppins bwahahah

wordjunkie said...

LOL! One's only defence at such times is to hope we have perfect recall when our grandkiddies ask for stories.

SUR NOTES said...

WJ: Everytime i think of giving up the blog, it is this very thought that keeps me going - recall value!

pappu poppins meet poppins,a nd poppins meet pappu poppins :)

pappu poppins said...

so meet the two bloggers with p's scattered all over :P

ChoxBox said...

LOL!

Mama - Mia said...

awesome!!

wonder thats the reason why cub is clingy! i am mostly mean! gah!

dipali said...

It's always your fault, Sur- better get used to it!

Poppins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Poppins said...

Nice to meet you pappu Poppins :)
Ignore my prev comment Sur, was meant for Sue!

the mad momma said...

but naturally Sur. Can anything be that gorgeous child's fault?

farinaz said...

my wise baby!!