Monday, September 20, 2010

To the resident of random nagar

Dear Random person,

This is with reference to your comments on a conversation I was having with someone else regarding the choices I am making as a parent.

I cannot mould my parenting style on the vague notions you have of your own upbringing. I have never had the fortune of meeting your parents, nor you as a child.

Infact, if you could, please dig deep and make precise your vague recollections. I could use it as a primer to ensure my child does not grow into the rather annoying and loud adult that you are.

Thank You.

5 comments:

Space Bar said...

no no no! detailed conversation needed!

word verification: mistryo

Banno said...

Random Nagar has many residents. People who tell you how to wash your child's butt, and how to boil her milk, and how to teach her good manners. But like Space Bar, want a detailed report. :)

SUR NOTES said...

oh you are sending your kid to an alternative school?' in our time our parents were not so fussy and stuffy, we went to the neighbourhood school.
oh, you are critical of the neighbourhood schools? in our time....
oh the fees is this much, in our time....
oh you do things like this....thats not the way i grew up.......
but dear sir, i am not bringing you up.
and unfortunately, i have some stuff in my head that helps me bridge the gap not just between my ears, but also between our times and these times.

dipali said...

The random nagar residents are most populous and vocal, and ardent givers of unasked for advice:(

Starry-eyed nut said...

lovely post :)
random nagar indeed!
Came here from MMs post